85% of millionaires have one thing in common: stock market investments. But what, where, and how exactly does one dip their toe in the deep waters of stocks, bonds, and other related investments?
On the last leg of our 3-part series on Wealth Building, Aidan is joined by Beth Sharpe-Verdugo, a private wealth manager from Creative Planning, to discuss how one could get started with the stock market, common newbie mistakes, what to look for in a financial planner, and to demystify many more questions about stock investments.
DISCLAIMER: This commentary is provided for general information purposes only and should not be construed as investment, tax, or legal advice. Opinions expressed are those of the speakers and do not necessarily represent those of Creative Planning. Past performance of any market results is no assurance of future performance. The information contained herein has been obtained from sources deemed reliable but is not guaranteed.
Podcast: Download (Duration 48:05 / 44.5MB)
- 00:00 Introduction
- 02:44 Disclaimer
- 03:00 Stocks, Equity, Shares
- 04:45 Bonds
- 05:57 Index Funds and Mutual Funds
- 09:42 ‘Stock-picking’
- 11:18 Building Wealth From Investments
- 15:05 Episode Sponsor
- 15:38 Risks To Be Ready For
- 17:23 Where Is The Best Place To Start?
- 22:14 Seeking Help From Qualified Experts
- 25:07 Automated Investment Apps
- 25:58 Just Get Started
- 28:54 Investment Mistakes
- 33:30 What To Look For In A Wealth Manager
- 37:39 Educating Kids On Investing
- 42:23 Book Recommendations On Investing
- 46:35 Outro
- Creative Planning – https://creativeplanning.com/
- Acorns – https://www.acorns.com/
- Stash – https://www.stash.com/
- Float Hosting – http://www.thegrowthbooth.com/float
- The Little Book of Common Sense Investing, by John (Jack) Bogle – https://amzn.to/3MZaSuj
- The 5 Mistakes Every Investor Makes, by Peter Mallouk – https://amzn.to/3N8ZNa8
- Money: Master The Game, by Tony Robbins – https://amzn.to/3m2co2S
- Principles: Life & Work, by Ray Dalio – https://amzn.to/3GBtvlR
- How The Economic Machine Works, by Ray Dalio (video) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHe0bXAIuk0
- The Dip, by Seth Godin – https://amzn.to/3xP6jgY
- The 12-Week Year, by Brian P. Moran – https://amzn.to/3OfP8dT
- Down The Middle Podcast – https://open.spotify.com/show/7cVILMzVpUo5HcAI91qh2S
About Our Host:
Aidan Booth is passionate about lifestyle freedom and has focused on building online businesses to achieve this since 2005. From affiliate marketing to eCommerce, small business marketing to SAAS (software as a service), online education to speaking at seminars, the journey has been a rollercoaster ride with plenty of thrills along the way. Aidan is proud to have helped thousands of entrepreneurs earn their first dollar online, and coached many people to build million-dollar businesses. Aidan and his business partner (Steven Clayton) are the #1 ranked vendors on Clickbank.com, and sell their products in over 100 countries globally, as well as in 20,000+ stores across the USA, to generate 8-figures annually.
Away from the online world, Aidan is a proud Dad of two young kids, an avid investor, a swimming enthusiast, and a nomadic traveler.
- Follow me on Facebook
- Let’s connect on Instagram
- Subscribe to the YouTube Channel
- Listen on Spotify
- Tune in on Apple Music
- Or visit TheGrowthBooth.com website
Connect with Beth Sharpe-Verdugo at https://creativeplanning.com/.
Thanks for tuning in! Please don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe!